- Syntactic Features. In the Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Linguistics.
- Declension class and the Norwegian definite suffix. In The Morphosyntax-Phonology Connection, ed. by Vera Gribanova and Stephanie Shih, 325–359. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Spans and Words. In Morphological Metatheory, ed. by Daniel Siddiqi and Heidi Harley, 201–222. John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- Complex predicates as complementation structures. In Approaches to Complex Predicates, ed. by Léa Nash and Pollet Samvelian, 212–247. Brill, Leiden.
- 2015 (with David Adger). Linguistic explanation and domain specialization. A case study in bound variable anaphora. Frontiers in Psychology 6: 1421.
- 2015. Syntactic constructions. In Syntax—Theory and Analysis: An International Handbook, ed. by Tibor Kiss and Artemis Alexiadou, 42.1: 15–23. Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin.
- 2015. The morphological expression of case in Övdalian. In Studies in Övdalian Morphology and Syntax: New Research on a Lesser-Known Scandinavian Language, ed. by Kristine Bentzen and Henrik Rosenkvist, pp. 177–230. John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- 2014 (with Gillian Ramchand). Deriving the functional hierarchy. Language Sciences 46: 152–174.
- 2014. Generalized applicatives: Reassessing the functional-lexical divide. Theoretical Linguistics 40.3/4: 439–446.
- 2014. Introduction: Functional structure from top to toe. In Svenonius 2014 (ed.), pp. 1–18.
- 2014 (ed.). Functional Structure from Top to Toe. A Festschrift for Tarald Taraldsen. Oxford University Press.
- 2014 (ed., with Martin Krämer and Sandra Ronai). Nordlyd 41.1–2, Special Issue on Features.
- 2013 (with Kristine Bentzen and Jason Merchant). Deep properties of surface pronouns: Pronominal predicate anaphors in Norwegian and German. Journal of Comparative Germanic Linguistics 16.2/3: 97–125.
- 2012. ‘Drowning “into” the river in North Sámi: Uses of the illative‘ in Space and Time in Languages and Cultures: Linguistic Diversity, ed. by Luna Filipović and Katarzyna M. Jaszczolt. John Benjamins, Amsterdam, pp. 73–94.
- 2012 (with Patrik Bye), ‘Nonconcatenative morphology as epiphenomenon‘ in The Morphology and Phonology of Exponence: The State of the Art, ed. by Jochen Trommer. Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 427–495.
- 2012. Språk er ikke skapt for kommunikasjon [Language is not made for communication]. Ottar 290.2.
- Submitted, ‘Spanning,’ ms. CASTL, University of Tromsø. Available at http://ling.auf.net/lingBuzz/001501
Most cited publications from the last ten years (based on number of citations on Google Scholar as of Jan. 24, 2015)
- 2004 ‘On the Edge‘ in Peripheries: Syntactic Edges and their Effects ed. by David Adger, Cécile de Cat, and George Tsoulas. Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp. 261-287.
- 2010 ‘Spatial P in English‘, in Cartography of Syntactic Structures, ed. by G. Cinque and L. Rizzi, Oxford University Press.
- 2004 ‘Slavic Prefixes Inside and Outside VP‘ Nordlyd 32.2:205-253.
- 2002 ‘Subject positions and the placement of adverbials‘ in Subjects, Expletives, and the EPP (Oxford), 199-240.
- 2002 ‘The Lexical Syntax and Lexical Semantics of the Verb-Particle Construction‘ with Gillian Ramchand, in Proceedings of WCCFL 21, ed. by Line Mikkelsen and Chris Potts, Cascadilla Press, Somerville, Ma. pp. 387-400.
- 2002 ‘Icelandic Case and the Structure of Events‘ Journal of Comparative Germanic Linguistics 5:197-225.
- 2007 ‘Adpositions, Particles, and the Arguments they Introduce‘ in Argument Structure, ed. by Eric Reuland, Tanmoy Bhattacharya, and Giorgos Spathas, pp. 63-103. John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- 2003 ‘Limits on P: Filling in holes vs. falling in holes‘ in Nordlyd 31.2:431-445.
- 2006, ‘The Emergence of Axial Parts,’ in Tromsø Working Papers in Language and Linguistics (Nordlyd) 33.1:49-77.
- 2008, Projections of P, in Syntax and Semantics of Spatial P, ed by Anna Asbury, Jakub Dotlacil, Berit Gehrke, and Rick Nouwen, pp. 63-84. John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- 2011. Features in Minimalist Syntax (with David Adger), in The Oxford Handbook
of Linguistic Minimalism, edited by Cedric Boeckx, 27–51. Oxford University Press, New York.
- 2010. Exponence, phonology, and non-concatenative morphology (with Patrik Bye). Ms. University of Tromsø.
- 2009 (edited), Nordlyd: Tromsø University Working Papers on Language and Linguistics, 36.2 NORMS Papers on Faroese (edited together with Kristine Bentzen, Caroline Heycock, Jógvan í Lon Jacobsen, Janne Bondi Johannessen, Jeffrey K. Parrott, Tania E. Strahan, and Øystein Alexander Vangsnes).
- 2009 (edited), Nordlyd: Tromsø University Working Papers on Language and Linguistics, 36.1 Special issue on Nanosyntax (edited together with Gillian Ramchand, Michal Starke, and Knut Tarald Taraldsen).
- 2009, Complex prepositions (with Isabelle Roy) in Autour de la Préposition, edited by J. François, É. Gilbert, C. Guimier, and M. Krause, pp. 105–116. Presses universitaires de Caen.
- 2008, Microparameters of Cross-linguistic variation: Directed motion and Resultatives (with Minjeong Son), in the Proceedings of the 27th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics, ed. by Natasha Abner and Jason Bishop, pp. 388-396. Cascadilla Press,
- 2008, ‘Review of Toivonen’s (2003, Kluwer) Non-Projecting Words’ Language 84.3: 666-670.
- 2008, ‘Mapping a parochial lexicon onto a Universal Semantics‘ (with Gillian Ramchand), in The Limits of Syntactic Variation, edited by M.T. Biberauer, pp. 219-245. John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- 2008, The position of adjectives and other phrasal modifiers in the decomposition of DP, in Adjectives and Adverbs: Syntax, Semantics, and Discourse, ed. by Louise McNally and Chris Kennedy, 16-42, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- 2008 ‘Russian Prefixes are Phrasal‘ in Formal Description of Slavic Languages, edited by Gerhild Zybatow, Luka Szucsich, Uwe Junghanns, and Roland Meyer, pp. 526-537. Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main.
- 2008. ‘Paradigm Generation and Northern Sámi Stems,’ in The Bases of Inflectional Identity, 73-100, edited by Asaf Bachrach and Andrew Nevins. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- 2007. ‘Interpreting Uninterpretable Features‘ in Linguistic Analysis 3-4: 375-413.
- 2007.’1…3-2‘ Oxford Handbook of Linguistic Interfaces, edited by Gillian Ramchand and Charles Reiss, pp. 239-288. Oxford University Press.
- 2006 ‘Case Alternations in the Icelandic Passive and Middle‘ in Passives and
Impersonals in European Languages, edited by Satu Manninen, Diane Nelson, Katrin Hiietam, Elsi Kaiser, and Virve Vihman.
- 2006, ‘Northern Norwegian Degree Questions and the Syntax of Measurement‘ with Chris Kennedy, in Phases of Interpretation,
edited by Mara Frascarelli, pp. 129-157. Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin.
- 2005 ‘Extending the Extension Condition to Discontinuous Idioms‘ Linguistic Variation Yearbook 5: 227-263.
- 2005 ‘How Phonological is Object Shift?’ Theoretical Linguistics 31.1/2: 215-227
- 2005 Review of Dehé (2001, Benjamins) Particle Verbs in English: Syntax, Information Structure, and Intonation Linguistische Berichte 202: 261-265.
- 2004 ‘Slavic Prefixes and Morphology‘ Nordlyd 32.2: 177-204
- 2004 ‘Prepositions and External Argument Demotion’ with Gillian Ramchand, in Demoting
the Agent: Passive and other Voice-related Phenomena, ed. by Torgrim Solstad, Benjamin
Lyngfelt, and Maria Filiouchkina Krave, University of Oslo, pp. 93-99.
- 2003 ‘Swedish Particles and Directional Prepositions’ in Grammar in Focus:
Festschrift for Christer Platzack ed. by Lars-Olof Delsing, Cecilia Falk, Gunlög Josefsson, and Halldór Ármann Sigurdsson, Dept. of Scandinavian, Lund University, pp. 343-351.
- 2002 ‘Strains of Negation in Norwegian,’ Working Papers in Scandinavian Syntax 69:121-146.
- 2002 ‘Review of Zeller (2001, Benjamins) Particle Verbs and Local Domains’ Linguist
- 2002 Subjects, Expletives, and the EPP (ed.), Oxford University Press. (250 pp.)
- 2002 ‘Introduction’ in Subjects, Expletives, and the EPP (Oxford), 1-25.
- 2002, ‘Case is uninterpretable aspect,’ in Proceedings of Perspectives on Aspect Conference at Utrecht.