- March, 2018: ‘Object shift and es/das: Form and position of pronominal objects with non-nominal antecedents in Norwegian and German’ (based on joint work with M. Anderssen), invited plenary at the workshop Reference beyond the DP: Towards a crosslinguistic typology of the syntax and semantics of preforms at DGfS in Stuttgart, Germany.
- September, 2017: ‘Different outcomes in the acquisition of do-support in three Norwegian/English bilinguals: Delay and acceleration,’ (with M. Anderssen) Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition (GALA), Palma, Spain.
- September, 2017: ‘Three different outcomes in Norwegian/English bilinguals: Micro-variation in the acquisition of residual V2,’ (with M. Anderssen) Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop, Trondheim, Norway.
- May, 2017: ‘VO-OV alternations and information structure in North Sami,’ invited guest lecture for Cambridge Endangered Languages and Cultures Group, University of Cambridge, UK.
- April, 2017: ‘Word order in L2 Norwegian: The case of subject and object shift,’ (w/M. Westergaard, M. Anderssen, G. Busterud, A. Dahl, & J. Didriksen) at Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition, University of Southampton, UK.
- February, 2017: ‘Seaillut váibmogiela! Strategier, idealer og virkelighet ved flerspråklig oppvekst,’ invited plenary at Seminar om NOU 2016:18 Hjertespråket, Kåfjord kommune, Norway.
- February, 2017: ‘Seaillut váibmogiela! Strategier, idealer og virkelighet ved flerspråklig oppvekst,’ invited plenary at Seminar om NOU 2016:18 Hjertespråket, UiT – Norges arktiske universitet, Norway.
- January, 2017: ‘Máŋggagielatvuođa ovdamunit ja hástalusat,’ (w/B.A. Bals Baal), invited talk at Sámás mánáin – Rabas čoahkkin Romssas [’Speak Sami with your child’ – Opening meeting in Tromsø, Norway.
- November, 2016: ‘The acquisition of Subject and Object Shift in L2/Ln Norwegian,’ (w/M. Westergaard, M. Anderssen, G. Busterud, A. Dahl, J. Didriksen & B. Lundquist) at Boston University Conference on Language Development, Boston, USA.
- October, 2016: ‘Tilegnelsen av ordstilling i norsk som andrespråk: Subjekts- og objektsflytting,’ (w/M. Westergaard, M. Anderssen, G. Busterud, A. Dahl, J. Didriksen & B. Lundquist) at Den sjuende nasjonale forskningskonferansen om norsk som andrespråk, NTNU, Norway.
- September, 2016: ‘Subject and Object Shift in L2 Norwegian,’ (w/M. Westergaard, M. Anderssen, G. Busterud, A. Dahl, J. Didriksen & B. Lundquist) at Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition North America (GALANA), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- Mars, 2016: ‘VO-OV alternations in North Sami,’ t Aktasne II – Together II: New concepts, theories and methodologies on Saami studies, Umeå University, Sweden.
- February, 2016: ‘VO-OV alternations in North Sami,’ at Formal Approaches to Sámi Languages, UiT – Norges arktiske universitet, Norway.
- May, 2015: ‘VO-OV alternations in North Sami,’ at Workshop on Information Structure in Endangered Languages, SOAS, London, UK.
- November, 2014: ‘Ja til flerspråklighet! Fordeler med å kunne mer enn ett språk,’ invited plenary at Språkløftkonferansen, Tromsø, Norway.
- October, 2013: ‘Barns språkutvikling og tospråklighet.’ (w/B. A. Bals Baal) Invited plenaryat ’The language motivation seminar’ in Olderdalen, Kåfjord, Norway.
- September, 2013: ’Hvordan tilegner barn seg språk? Språkutvikling hos enspråklige og flerspråklige barn.’ invited pleanary speaker at a seminar for teachers in Bergen, Norway (approximately 200 participants).
- May, 2013: ‘Object Shift in spoken Mainland Scandinavian.’ (w/M. Anderssen & C. Waldmann) at the workshop Information Structure in Scandinavian Languages at The Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics, Reykjavík, Iceland.
- May, 2013: ‘Ja til flerspråklighet! Fordeler med å kunne mer enn ett språk,’ (w/M. Anderssen), Invited talk at a network meeting about bilingualism in Lenvik kommune.
- April, 2013: ‘Cross-linguistic influence and structural overlap affecting English verb placement,’ at the workshop Acquisition of Syntax in Close Varieties at GLOW 36, Lund, Sweden.
- November, 2012: ‘Flere språk til flere! Tospråklighet gir mer enn bare to språk,’ invited talk at the annual Morsmålskonferansen [Mother tongue conference], Bergen (approximately 200 participants).
- November, 2012: ‘Flerspråklighet og samisk språkinnlæring,’ invited talk at Samisk nasjonal barnehage- og skolekonferanse [Sami national daycare and school conference], Tromsø.
- May, 2012: ‘Deep properties of surface pronouns: Pronominal predicate anaphors in Norwegian and other Germanic languages,’ (w/J. Merchant & P. Svenonius) Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop (CGSW), Yale University.
- January, 2012: ‘DASAGO — MCDI adaptation into North Sami,’ at NorPhLex seminar, Hønefoss, Norway.
- April 2011: ‘The status if the embedded V-Neg word order,’ invited plenary speaker at the Workshop on Main/Embedded Clause Asymmetries in Scandinavian, Lund, Sweden.
- July, 2011: ‘The acquisition of word order in questions in English and Norwegian: Frames vs. micro-cues,’ (w/M. Westergaard) at the symposium Rules versus Constructions: A debate on question acquisition at International Congress for the Study of Child Language (IASCL), Montreal, Canada.
- June, 2011: ‘Scandinavian Object Shift reanalyzed as TP-internal topicalization,’ (w/M. Anderssen) at Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop (CGSW), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- June, 2011: ‘The (over)production of prenominal determiners in definite contexts in a Norwegian/English bilingual child,’ (w/M. Anderssen) at 8th International Symposium of Bilingualism, Oslo, Norway.
- December, 2010. ‘Embedded V2 and extraction in Faroese and Norwegian: Results from parallel experiments,’ (w/C. Heycock) Verb Movement: Its nature, triggers, and effects, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- November, 2009. ‘Word order and finiteness in English and Norwegian child language: Parameters vs. cues,’ (w/M. Westergaard), Boston University Conference on Language Development 34, Boston.
- September, 2009: ‘The acquisition of Focus: The case of Object Shift,’ (w/M. Anderssen & Y. Rodina), Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition (GALA), Lisbon, Portugal.
- September, 2009: ‘Embedded root phenomena, assertion, presupposition, and main point of utterance,’ invited talk at the workshop Root Phenomena, ZAS, Berlin, Germany.